What we are doing for our communities
- We have donated € 2.5 million to the Italian Civil Protection to make a further contribution to its incredible commitment to the fight against Coronavirus. In addition, Amazon has donated € 1 million to support the efforts of the many non-profit organizations and entities operating in the territories and communities where Amazon employees live and work.
- We have launched a ” button to donate ” on Amazon. it site and an Alexa skill to simplify the donations of all customers who want to make their contribution to the Civil Protection and we have donated thousands of protective equipment to the same Civil Protection – overalls, gloves, protective eyewear – intended for hospitals located in the most affected areas of Lombardy.
- Amazon and Amazon Web Services (AWS) have joined the digital solidarity initiative of the Ministry of Innovation by providing streaming lessons dedicated to STEM subjects (Science, Technology, Electronics, and Mathematics), and creating computer programming for teachers of primary and secondary schools.
- We have made hundreds of titles available for free on Kindle and Audible, and a selection of content for children and families on Prime Video.
- We launched the AWS Diagnostic Development Initiative, a $ 21 million global program to support customers in the US, Europe, and the rest of the world who are working to accelerate diagnostic research, innovation, and development to increase our collective knowledge. and the detection of COVID-19. Additional AWS initiatives.
Follow this section and stay updated on the developments of our commitment to face the COVID-19 emergency.
Amazon. adheres to the Food Collection
On the occasion of the historic initiative of Banco Alimentare, the association that promotes the recovery and redistribution of food surpluses, from December 1 to 10, Amazon. customers will be able to participate in the Food Collection, choosing the products to donate, including sauces, biscuits, and baby food, from the special selection available on the page dedicated to Amazon. it/bancoalimentare initiative. Amazon inaugurates the collection by donating the first 500,000 meals to Banco Alimentare. Radio Kiss Kiss also supports the initiative by telling extraordinary stories about the activities carried out by Banco Alimentare on a daily basis and by calling its listeners to support the Food Collection on Amazon. it.
Close to show business workers
Amazon Prime Video donated 1 million euros in Italy to support show business workers hard hit by the COVID-19 crisis. The donation was allocated to the COVID-19 Scena Unita Emergency Fund, set up by a group of Italian artists and celebrities, including Fedez, Carlo Verdone, Achille Lauro, Sabrina Ferilli, Gianna Nannini, and many others.
Amazon supports AIRC and Research Days AIRC’s Research
Chocolates – AIRC Foundation for Cancer Research are available on Amazon.it, to allow everyone to support research with sweetness. A necessary choice to protect the health of volunteers and supporters of the Foundation from the risks of the Covid-19 emergency. Find out how.
‘Rewrite the future’ with #DeliveringSmiles We have donated over € 200,000 in products to children in need, supporting Save The Children
‘s “Rewrite the Future” project, the program to combat educational poverty and restore education, opportunities, and hope to children who live in the most fragile contexts and who have been severely affected by the effects of the pandemic.
Work from Home Update
The health and safety of our employees are a top priority, and it will take some time for things to return to normal. For this reason, work that can be done effectively from home can continue to be done in this way until June 30, 2021.